As an aspiring designer, this was actually hilarious

+2
The Adli Corporation
BmmFlash
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

There are many things to be said for working in the design industry but as they are mostly negative, especially those regarding clients, I would rather write about robots.
If I was a robot, programmed to serve people all day, I would throw myself off a cliff.
Working in the design industry is a lot like being a robot. A robot that curses its positronic brain for not allowing it to ignore the first law and attach spinning blades to its arms and take out the next human that states "that's nice but can we try it in green" or "can you make the text bigger?" Actually, scratch that, working in the design industry is more like being a whore. A dirty whore who has programmed their mind to find a happy place rather than be outraged by client requests.
There are many things to be said for working in the design industry but mostly that it is like being a dirty robot whore.
The entire story is so freaking funny. http://www.27bslash6.com/bob.html

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

thats amazing.

RStudios

Reminds me of this from a while back... And yes its all true, happens to me ALL the time.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

You told me you weren't a Robot, yet now I find out you're really a dirty robot whore.

You lied to me whore.

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

I was nearly crying after reading this one. http://www.27bslash6.com/brochure.html
Problem is, Ive already dealt with customers like this when I worked at the print shop. Like, how could you be so stupid??

While art is certainly subjective, it has also been said that art is a tryst, for in the joy of it, maker and beholder meet. Unfortunately, in this case, the tryst would be the emotional-connection equivalent of a quick handjob in a K-mart toilet from a middle-aged shelf-stacker named Rhonda in exchange for half a packet of Marlboro Menthol lights.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

That video is great.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

http://www.27bslash6.com/blockbuster.html

the end made me laugh.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Funny, but also pissed me off.
When I had my store I would have sent him to collections at the first snarky email/letter.

Jeff and I used to show up at your house and wait until you gathered all our stuff, if you didn't pay us on the spot Jeff would call your info into the collection company right in front of you on your doorstep.

Good times. Only scumbag losers don't pay what they owe.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Be prepared for this Flash:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

This page needs more Kittens in Teacups

Also can you make it look more like this other website

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

RStudios wrote:Reminds me of this from a while back... And yes its all true, happens to me ALL the time.

Holy shit, this thing...

It's retarded how people in my town want the goddamn site to practically give them blowjobs, but they want to pay $200 for it.

Some dude was even asking for a videogame or some shit. Then we were like, "look people, that shit is expensive, we can do X for what you have".

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

RStudios wrote:Reminds me of this from a while back... And yes its all true, happens to me ALL the time.

Oh man that video is soooo true. People like that always pissed me off! Especially when they would request a proof halfway through, only without the PROOF watermark on it. It's like, Uh, no, we don't just give our work away for free. And no, not just anybody with a computer and the software can design for you. Please don't take advantage of my years in school, years of experience, and hours spent on your project.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum